Kingsway Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery | Edmonton & Grande Prairie
Your first visit with us will usually consist of a consultation appointment. Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Referring doctor’s surgical referral note, if provided. Referral to our office is appreciated but not mandatory. If you have been referred, it is helpful to have all appropriate information from your referring doctor.
- All available recent X-rays (if applicable). If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays, you may request that they be forwarded to our office before your consultation appointment. If there is not enough time, please pick the x-rays up and bring them with you to our office. If additional films are necessary, they can be taken at our facility.
- A list of any medications you are currently taking. Please alert our office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern. We may require that certain medical tests or evaluations be performed prior to your surgery.
- All relevant medical or dental insurance forms (please complete your portion).
- Current Alberta Health Care Insurance card and number.
- A piece of identification such as driver’s license or student ID
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 years of age must be accompanied by a legal parent or guardian during their consultation visit.
This first appointment includes review of your current medical status, past medical history, medication history, oral examination, and any necessary radiological assessments (x-rays or cone beam CT) required to understand and diagnose your condition. The surgeon will discuss your diagnosis with you in detail . They will outline all treatment options, answer any questions or concerns you may have, and will help you decide upon the best treatment plan for you. They will discuss your anesthetic options, which include local anesthesia, intravenous sedation, or general anesthesia.
Our surgical assisting staff will go over your required surgical preparation instructions and schedule a convenient time for your treatment.
Our business staff will review cost estimates, payment options, and complete any necessary insurance claim forms. Please note, your health insurance plan is a contract between you and the company providing benefits. THE FEES AND PAYMENT FOR TREATMENT ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AS THE PATIENT OR GUARDIAN.
Generally, we like you to have some time to thoughtfully consider your treatment and arrange your activities accordingly. You are always welcome to reach out to us by phone at Edmonton Office Phone Number 780-454-6565 or e-mail at ([email protected]) to clarify any questions or concerns.
Your preoperative instructions should be carefully followed prior to your treatment appointment. Not following your preoperative instructions may cause a delay in treatment and/or may cause your appointment to be re-scheduled. Please arrive no more than thirty minutes prior to your scheduled surgery time. Please anticipate that you and your escort will be at our facility for 3 to 4 hours on the day of surgery. It is important to remember that while we try our best to stay on schedule, various circumstances may arise which can lengthen the time allocated for your or another patient’s procedure. We are also frequently called upon to treat emergency patients, which may cause minor scheduling delays. As we cannot anticipate when this should occur and treat all our patients care very seriously, we greatly appreciate your understanding and patience.
We're Here To Help!
Contact us with any questions or to schedule an appointment!