Your first visit with us will usually consist of a consultation appointment. Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation.
- Referring doctor’s surgical referral note. (if provided) Referral to our office is appreciated but not mandatory. If you have been referred it is helpful to have all appropriate information from your referring doctor.
- All available recent X-rays (if applicable). If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays, you may request that they be forwarded to our office before your consultation appointment. If there is not enough time, please pick the x-rays up and bring them with you to our office. If additional films are necessary, they can be taken at our facility.
- A list of any medications you are presently taking. Please alert our office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern. We may require that certain medical tests or evaluations be performed prior to your surgery.
- All relevant medical or dental insurance forms (please complete your portion)
- Current Alberta Health Care Insurance card and number.
- A piece of identification such as: Driver’s License, student ID
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 years of age must be accompanied by a legal parent or guardian during their consultation visit.
This first appointment includes an oral examination and any necessary radiological assessments (x-rays) required to diagnose your condition. The Surgeon will discuss your diagnosis. They will outline your treatment options, answer your questions and they will help you to decide upon your best treatment plan. They will discuss your anaesthetic options (local anaesthesia, intravenous sedation or general anaesthesia).
Our surgical assisting staff will go over your required surgical preparation instructions and schedule a convenient time for your treatment. Our business staff will review cost estimates and payment options and will complete any necessary insurance claim forms.
Normally we would like you to have some time to thoughtfully consider your treatment and arrange your activities accordingly. You are always welcome to call us back or e-mail us ([email protected]) to clarify any questions or concerns.
Your pre-operative instructions should be carefully followed prior to your treatment appointment. Please arrive no more than thirty minutes prior to your scheduled surgery time. Please anticipate that you and your escort will be at our facility for 3-4 hours on the day of surgery. It is important to remember that while we try our best to stay on schedule, various circumstances may arise which can lengthen the time allocated for your or another patient’s procedure. We are also frequently called upon to treat emergency patients which may cause minor scheduling delays. We greatly appreciate your understanding and patience should this occur.